“Speaking” is the best advantage of studying in the Philippines.
[About CNS Ⅱ]
Please introduce yourself.
- I am from Chiayi, Taiwan. I’ve been staying in the Philippines for three months to study IELTS. Luckily, with the resources, conducive learning environment and help from many people, an ordinary person like me can have the chance to study hard here.
Why did you start to study IELTS?
- Roughly 80% of the students coming here in CNS2 have the plan to study abroad or immigrate. Therefore, this is a perfect place to meet or make friends with some people who have the same objectives.
How did you know CNSⅡ for the first time, and why did you choose this academy?
- At the beginning, I found an agent who helps me introduce a language school which focuses on IELTS. However, it was not easy to find a school that is available during summer vacation in peak season. Most schools from Cebu and Baguio are already full. Surprisingly, the agent found CNS2 which was back then available and ready to accommodate more students. So, that’s why I knew this place and became my final choice.
How about the learning environment in CNSⅡ?
- With the strict study time schedule, morning test and forced self-study, people who are passive or lazy on learning by themselves can be pushed to study. Although the equipment is more ordinary than other schools, the advantage is that the school is in the city center. It is a good choice to go shopping and just takes few minutes to go to these places on foot.
[About the IELTS course]
While studying at CNSⅡ for last 3weeks, how did you feel?
- Time goes by so slowly during the first few days. However, one week later, I started to get used to the school life and routine activities. The feeling of studying with classmates reminds me how I studied in high school before.
Which class is the most effective to study?
- It is worth to mention that although listening, speaking, reading and writing are already included in the course, school also provides additional classes like grammar and pronunciation. These are useful for the student who have encountered difficulty in pronouncing some sounds and in constructing sentences. The pronunciation class corrects the accent that most Taiwanese have. 😆
How about the quality of CNSⅡ teachers?
- I would say it depends because students have different level in English, which means some teacher are suitable for different kinds of students. If the students find the appropriate way to learn with a teacher, they will improve in a short time. So the most important thing is finding the learning method instead of relying on teachers 100%.
[Secrets to improve an IELTS score]
What was your weakest subject and how did you improve this one?
- I live in the countryside of Taiwan, so it is almost impossible for me to have a conversation with others using English. Aside from that, we seldom have the chance to practice speaking in School’s English class. However, through not only via 2 speaking classes per day but also having lots of chance to talk with classmates, I can feel my speaking ability has improved unconsciously because of the English-speaking environment.
[Tips for new students]
Based on your experience, how about Baguio?
- Baguio, which is surrounded by beautiful mountains and has cool weather, is a place where people can enjoy shopping and visit recreation area. Furthermore, it can be observed that security guard in most stores will check customer’s bags to ensure everyone’s safety. Also, the consumption level is cost-effective. By the way, it is a good place for learning due to high security.